Friday 24 July 2015

Da Capo - Intro

...

Thousands of cherry blossom petals were swirling around in the wind.

Very slowly.

Without any sound.

It reminded me of angel wings falling through eternity.

Junichi: (.........)

Junichi: (Man, I'm such a poet.)

I scratched my head in embarrassment while walking on the petals on the ground.

Junichi: (That's so not me.)

My eyes were blurry, and I couldn't see where it ends.

The cherry blossom petals were still swriling wildly.

Junichi: (Whose dream is this?)

It's unusual to not see the dream's owner in their dream.

I kept moving, like walking on clouds while I held onto my self-consciousness.

...

--- The power to see another's dream.

It's a gift, but I'm not so happy about it.

Generally, it's said in science fiction novels and games that it's cool to have such a gift.

It must be better to be different rather than to be 'the same as everyone else', regardless of what0s different----

I would like to say it loud and clear to those people.

Junichi: (There is nothing more boring that watching someone else's dream...)

You have to wander around in an unfamiliar world while losing a good night's sleep.

Junichi: (What a pain...)

Dreams generally don't make any sense, and it's even worse if it's someone else's dream.

It's no fun at all to watch love stories or adventure stories all starring strangers.

It's just like watching a B movie.

Junichi: (Well, this dream must belong to someon I know if I'm a part of it.)

It must be someone I know quite well if I can keep my self-consciousness this much.

Junichi: (There aren't many people I know who'd have a dream as poetic as this...)

I counted the possible dream holders with my fingers.

Junichi: (Haha... I'll make sure they know what happens when they disrupt my good night's sleep...)

Suddenly I was taken aback, still holding up my pinky.

The cherry blossom field suddenly opened up, to reveal a great cherry blossom tree.

Junichi: (.........)

Junichi: (Huge!)

The tree appeared to be something special, and I was drawn to it.

I felt something hot in the back of my eyes.

In that tense atmosphere, I sensed someone.

I got goose bums from seeing a very dreamy picture.

There was a girl standing surrounded by the cherry blossom petals.

---- She must be a demon if not an angel...

Girl in the dream: I'm back, oniichan...

Junichi: (.........)

A dream?

Junichi: (...Oh, yeah. It is a dream.)

I thought it was strange to ask myself that question.

I couldn't remember her name, but I knew the girl from my childhood.

Girl in the dream: I can't see you, but you are there, right?

Junichi: (Yeah.)

Girl in the dream: Yes. I can feel you there, oniichan.

She sounded bery genuine.

Girl in the dream: This is a dream... and you won't remember it when you wake up...

Her sad face made me feel bad.

I couldn't stretch out my arms, hold her, or say anything to her...

----I'm a useless wizard
who can only see projected dreams----

Girl in the dream: Please remember the promise.

...

Yes, it was...

It was the dream that took place between the end of winter and the beginning of spring.

It didn't mean anything to me at this point -- it was just like Da Capo, the end and the beginning.

~

2. 23 Sat

...

...

I woke up feeling sunlight on my eyelids.

Nemu: Good morning, niisan.

Nemu's face was right in front of me when I opened my eyes.

Junichi: What are you doing?

Nemu: I was watching you sleep, since I woke up before you...

She replied with a smile. I love my sister so much.

Junichi: That's not what I mean... well, I guess that's okay too. I mean why are you sleeping here?

Nemu: Why...? I always sleep here. You're being silly.

She said, and flicked my forehead gently.

Junichi: .........

Always sleeping together...?

Whom and whom?

Nemu: Hey, niisan. Can you give me the usual wake up greeting... please?

Then she closed her eyes.

Junichi: .........

Is this a dream too...?

It must be a dream. This cannot be happening.

No, it's okay!!

Yes, this is a dream!

For that moment, I became...

Fearless.

Invincible!

A God!!

There is nothing to be afraid of once I know this is a dream!

It'd be a shame not to use this opportunity. I'll do it gladly.

Junichi: Okay, then.

Nemu: Yes. Be my guest.

Crack-----

Junichi: Huh!?

My dream ended with a hard crack.

Nemu: Good morning, niisan. It's a nice day.

'When I woke up', Nemu was standing there looking happily into my face.

Junichi: ...crunch crunch crunch... crunch?

I was trying to ask if it was really morning this time... but it just came out as strange sounds.

I don't know why, but the alarm clock from my bedside was in my mouth.

Nemu: Is it tasty?

Junichi: ...It is definitely not tasty.

I spat out the alarm clock, and groaned while massaging my jaw.

Nemu: What are you saying? You sound like an old robot.

Junichi: ...You invented me.

Oh, I sounded normal this time.

Junichi: Teste test... Good. Good night, then.

I bowed at her and snuggled back under the blanket.

Nemu: Hey. You'll be late for school if you don't quit fooling around now!

Junichi: It's okay. I can teleport to the classroom in a second.

Nemu: What are you going to do in your pajamas at school?

Junichi: .........

I got up.

Junichi: Good morning.

Nemu: ...Sigh.

Nemu: Anyway, please get up now.

She then tried to leave the room.

Junichi: Wait, Nemu.

Nemu: What?

She turned around, still holding the door knob.

Junichi: We haven't done the morning ritual.

Nemu: What? No... it's okay... we have no time for that today...

She crossed her arms in front of her, and shook her head while pressing her back against the door.

Junichi: Stop babbling, be quick.

Nemu: Ummmmm.

She walked back towards me groaning.

Her cheeks were turning red.

Junichi: Ready?

Nemu: ...Yeah.

She bent over towards the bed and leaned on my shoulder.

We got so close we could feel each other's breath.

Nemu: .........

She was close enough to count the lines on her lips.

Junichi: .........

I put one hand around her head -- and with my other hand, pulled her arm towards me.

Crash-----

Nemu: Ouch!

Junichi: ...1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

I checked that she did not have any fever.

Junichi: Good, it's about the same as usual.

Nemu: Ooo... why do you have to headbutt me every time?

Junichi: Don't complain. I'm checking your temperature.

Nemu: Hey, I can check with a thermometer.

She rubbed her forehead and mumbled.

Junichi: Only if you stop cheating with the thermometer.

Nemu: Boooo.

Junichi: Fine, use the thermometer, but I'll be watching you all the time while you check.

Junichi: I'll be watching while you unbotton your shirt, and put your hand inside your shirt.

Nemu: Hey! You don't have to be so graphic.

Junichi: ...I'm embarrassed too, so just give up.

Isn't it usually the opposite? I would be happy if I can skip school and stay home.

Nemu: Booooo... anyway, you'd better get ready quickly.

She left the room, and her footsteps diminished.

Junichi: .........

What a pain...

Shall I stay in bed?

[Choices]
-> I'd better get up
-> Five more minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment