Saturday 25 July 2015

Higurashi - Intro

Don't be sad.
The world may not forgive you, but I do.

Don't be sad.
You may not forgive the world, but I forgive you.

Tell me.
What must I do to earn your forgiveness?

Frederica Bernkastel

~

This is a work of fiction.
Any resemblance to actual persons or organizations is entirely coincidental.

~

A.D. 1983
The early summer of the 58th year of the Shouwa era.

If I was going to be ripped apart anyways,

having my body ripped apart would've been far better.

I trusted her.

...No, I still trust her.

Even in this very moment, I trust her.

But... I'm starting to realize.
I only wanted to trust her because I refused to accept the truth.

It was as if I was trying to convince myself, in such a silly... sobbing voice...

And those tears... those tears making a mess of my face...

That mechanical, repetitious sound finally stilled, and everything fell silent.

Only the cry of the cicadas remained, annoyingly loud.

And yet...
...I felt as if I could still hear her voice.

...But that's not possible.
She is no longer speaking.

The only one crying is me.

She never cried.

Even when she repeateed those words over and over, she never expressed any emotion, because there were none to show.
If she had no tears to shed for me, then I...

shouldn't need to shed any for her.

Then why... this pain, my eyes getting moist... why was this happening?

I still wanted to believe... I hadn't been split apart.

That's enough, right?

Inside me, an inner voice whispered gently...

My spirit had suffered enough...

...and countless times I'd wavered over whether I should just throw the battered thing away.

Except... I've stubbornly refused to do that, haven't I?

I'd feel better if I just threw it away.

Even knowing that, I chose to believe, didn't I?
Only I can understand that painful struggle, and appreciate it.

Hey, me?
...I've tried more than enough.
...I'll acknowledge that much.

So...
...Isn't it all right to just take the easy way out?

Besides... I'm not throwing it away.
I'm leaving it behind, with her.

...Like flowers by a grave.

Now then.
...Calm your nerves.

Even though you can't feel your right arm.
...Just lift it up.

And with every swing, forget a little more.

That kindness made me happy.

That adorable smile brought me joy.

I liked petting your head.

I loved how demure you were.

...Because this will be the last time.

Because when I swing this down, I'll forget.

This is... my...

First and last... bouquet for you.

Perhaps... I really did...

...love you.

==>

No comments:

Post a Comment