Wednesday 5 August 2015

Da Capo [13]

I wish I could eat lunch somewhere quiet.

I went back to the classroom with some juice and a sandwich which I bought from the store to avoid the noisy cafeteria.

Junichi: Hey, Nemu. I got you lunch.

Nemu: .........

Junichi: Nemu?

I waved my hand in front of her face.

Nemu: .........

Junichi: Nemu-sama?

Huh...

I thought about the situation a little bit, and took out a picture of Nemu when she was little and waved it in front of her.

Junichi: This is a picture of you sleeping after crying so hard.

Nemu: Why do you have a picture of that!?

Nemu reached for the picture, kicking her chair.

Junichi: ...So you are awake.

I put away the picture just in time.

Nemu: Well, I was just thinking about the past.

She sat on the chair elegantly, and ran her hand through her hair.

Junichi: What about the past?

Nemu: Well, I was thinking about what kind of girl I used to be, after looking at Sakura, you know?

Junichi: A crybaby.

Nemu: Well... If you put it that way, it won't leave me with anything.

Junichi: Let's see.

Nemu: I did cry a lot though.

Junichi: Sure did.

We out our lunch on the desk and leaned against the teacher's desk.

The clearest memories I have of Nemu would be her crying a lot.

Nemu: I remember when I was cold, or sa, I used to go under your conforter and... Ouch!

Junichi: ...Idiot.

Nemu: Sorry, sorry.

What was she going to say in the classroom?

I looked around to make surre no one was listening.

Nemu: But... all my oldest memories are only really of you.

Junichi: Me?

Nemu: Yeah. We ate together, you taught me how to ride a bicycle, and you came to find me when I was lost.

Junichi: Wow, you remember a lot.

I sighed as I looked away in embarrassment.

Nemu: Yeah, it surprised me too.

Junichi: Oh yeah?

I opened the bag of sandwiches and gave Nemu one too.

Nemu: Thank you.

Junichi: But, don't you have more fun memories?

Nemu: Fun memories?

Junichi: What you remember is kind of sad.

Nemu: Something fun... Oh.

She covered her mouth and sneaked a laugh.

Nemu: I have it. Something really fun. I wish I could apply for the Guinness Book of Records for you.

Junichi: What is it?

Nemu: I heard you say "What a pain" hundreds of times. I'm amazed how many times you've repeated it.

Junichi: .........

Junichi: Okay...

Something she can apply for the Guinness Book of Records with.

Junichi: ...What a pain.

Nemu: That's a new record.

Nemu smiled happily and put her fingers together.

~

Today's PE class was basketball. There were sounds of heavy balls bouncing in the gym.

Junichi: It gets very noisy when everyone practices their dribbling.

I mumbled to myself, but still made a few laps around the gym.

Basketball doesn't require much running unless it's an actual game.

Junichi: (Shooting practice isn't bad either.)

I just have to be careful to not hurt my fingers...

Let's try making a goal ----

~

Junichi: Ahhhh, finally...

I stretched as the homeroom meeting had finished.

The others around me were stretching like I just did, or chatting with their friends.

There were also some who were already leaving the classroom.

[Choices]
- Sakura Park
- Kazami Academy
- cherry blossom trees
Asakura's house
- shopping district

No comments:

Post a Comment