Monday 24 August 2015

Da Capo [16]

Junichi: ...Sigh.

Junichi: What a pain.

I covered the desk with my body, thinking about lunch.

Junichi: It's too much trouble to go to the cafeteria to buy lunch...

The best plan is to stay in the classroom, while I get somebody else to go to the store and buy me a sandwich and a drink.

Let's see, Suginami's gone, and all the guys who go to the cafeteria are gone while I while I was sleeping...

Then, I found Nemu at her desk writing something.

She's quite organized but she's a little slow. Maybe she'll go to the cafeteria now.

Junichi: Hey, Nemu.

I pat her shoulder hoping to make her go to the cafeteria.

Nemu: What? How can I help you?

She turned around all serious.

Junichi: Well, what are you going to do about lunch?

Nemu: Right... Let's see. It's too much trouble to go to the cafeteria, don't you think?

Junichi: Huh?

Nemu: Oh, no, don't misunderstand me. I'm not that hungry anyways. It makes me sleepy if I eat too much at lunch.

Junichi: It's not good for you to skip lunch.

Nemu: You're right...

Nemu tilted her head as she stroked the notebook, and I realized that the note wasn't for the class.

Junichi: What are you doing?

Nemu: What? I'm studying for the test.

Junichi: .........

Nemu: You should do the same, niisan. It seems like not too many students are studying for the test, so maybe you can score high this time.

Junichi: .........

Nemu: What?

Junichi: Nothing... I'm going to get something to eat.

I placed my hand on my forehead. She'll probably keep talking about the exam if I stay here longer.

Then I realized she won't hang out with me much during the exam week.

Junichi: Do you want something? You should eat at least a little.

Nemu: Are you sure? So lucky!

Junichi: What? Lucky?

Nemu: I wanted to ask someone, but I was too busy concentrating on my notes, everybody was gone already.

Junichi: I see.

I sighed and I dragged myself out of the classroom.

Nemu: What's wrong?

I turned around.

Junichi: ...go for wool and come home shorn...

Nemu: What are you talking about?

Junichi: Never mind.

I waved a little and stepped out to the hallway.

Junichi: Why do I have to go...

Nemu: Okay, fine.

As I was feeling crappy, I found Nemu by my side.

Nemu: Don't be so sad, I'll go with you.

She smiled at me reaching out her hand to my cheek.

Junichi: ...I'm not sad.

Nemu: Really? Huh.

She turned around, flaring her skirt as she walked in front of me.

Nemu: Then, let it be.

Junichi: .........

I can stay in the classroom now that she's going to the cafeteria, but if I did that, I bet she wouldn't go either.

Junichi: That's too bad.

Nemu: What?

Junichi: You're my sister.

Nemu: ...? ...Yeah, sure!

I walked to the cafeteria with a happy Nemu at my side, and the distance to the cafeteria seemed to be shorter than usual.

~

Echoing from the music room came some girls' very pretty high singing and some boys' not to pretty low singing.

Junichi: (The girls' voices are very soothing.)

I would like to sit in the middle of them to enjoy their singing.

The time kept passing away regardless of my imagination.

~

Koyoki: Prefect, order please.

Mako: Bow to the teacher.

The homeroom meeting was concluded with the bow, and the classroom got lively right away.

Most of the students were talking about tomorrow's exam. There were even some students surrounding the smarter ones.

The others left the classroom quickly. Everyone must be going home to study today.

...

What shall I do...?

[Choice]
- Sakura Park
- Kazami Academy
- Asakura's house
- cherry blossom trees
- shopping district

No comments:

Post a Comment