Thursday 19 March 2015

Da Capo II - Amakase Minatsu

Amakase Minatsu

Mizukoshi: Nice to see you!

When I arrived at the nurse's office, I saw a carefree Mizukoshi-sensei and a grimacing Amakase.

Mizukoshi: Why don't you have a seat?

She pointed to the bed, and I sat on it.

Minatsu: .........

Mizukoshi: Thanks for coming. I have  favor to ask you, Sakurai-kun.

Minatsu: I'm telling you there's no need for it.

Mizukoshi: Oh, don't say that.

Mizukoshi-sensei tried to calm Amakase down, and then looked at me.

Mizukoshi: Let's see. As I told you before, Amakase Minatsu is a robot.

Minatsu: ....Hmph.

Somehow, Amakase was standing there proudly, full of confidence.

Mizukoshi: I'd say she's state-of-the-art... but rather old technology was used, and either way, her design is rather unique. As you can see, she has emotions and free will, just like humans. Enough so that you can't tell her apart from humans.

Minatsu: .........

Indeed, Amakase was looking at me full of hatred, just like a normal human.

I couldn't tell.

Yoshiyuki: Is she really a robot?

Anybody would ask that.

Minatsu: Damn you! Are you trying to ridicule me?

Yoshiyuki: No, but no matter how I look at you, you appear human from every direction.

I didn't think Mizukoshi-sensei would lie to me, but...

Minatsu: Fine, I'll show you, then! Take my rocket punch!

Mizukoshi: You don't have one on you.

Minatsu: Why not?

Mizukoshi: You don't need one, do you?

Minatsu: Grr, this is why I loathe humans...

Amakase muttered her complaints.

Just like humans would do.

Mizukoshi: Well, Amakase is a robot, there's no doubt about it, I can guarantee. I don't blame you for not being able to believe it, though.

Yoshiyuki: Yeah...

Mizukoshi: On the contraty, that's how special of a robot she is. That's why she was kept frozen in the cave. You've learned about us in class, right? The past between robots and humans?

Yoshiyuki: Ah, yeah.

I nodded.

We learned about the historical incidents caused by robots attemptin to integrate into human society.

Regulation, oppression, and destruction.

They were all good examples of human egos, though.

For robots, I'm sure they were extremely annoying and unreasonable demands.

Mizukoshi: To be honest with you, Amakase's existence needs to be kept a secret.

Minatsu: .........

Mizukoshi: If anyone finds out, she'll be scrapped.

I'm sure.

If an existence of a robot which looked just like a human came out into the open, various organizations wouldn't stay quiet about it.

Mizukoshi: We don't want that. Since she was kept frozen for a long time, Amakase doesn't know about sociatal norms. Moreover, her systm's unstable as well. In other words, it's expected that she'll behave extremely oddly. Therefore, I need someone to support Amaase so nobody notices that she's a robot.

Yoshiyuki: And do you want me to do that?

Mizukoshi: Good answer.

Minatsu: I'm telling you, I don't need anyone!

Amakase raised her voice in a shout.

Minatsu: I have common sense and my system is stable. I will not behave oddly!

Smoke was coming out of her ears.

Smoke?

Mizukoshi: That's not convincing at all. Here, use this to cool your circuits.

She tossed a frozen gel pack to Amakase.

Minatsu: ...Ggh.

Amakase put the pack on her forehead with a grimace.

Mizukoshi: See? She is a robot, isn't she?

Yoshiyuki: Eh, ah, yes.

The smoke coming out of her ears proved it...

Mizukoshi: In any case, we need someone to keep an eye on you. That's the consensus from the research center.

Minatsu: .........

Mizukoshi: So, with that being the case, it's quicker to ask for help from Sakurai-kun, who already knows your identity, right?

Minatsu: I guess.

Mizukoshi: Sakurai-kun was the one to activate you. This is meant to be.

Minatsu: .........

Mizukoshi: Don't you like the idea?

Minatsu: Of course not. ...But, I'll obey your orders, Dr. Mizukoshi.

She looked at me with extremely reluctance.

Minatsu: However, I still don't think I need a human to support me. I don't trust humans. Therefore, you'd better not do anything unnecessary, Sakurai. That's all I wnat to tell you.

Minatsu squared her shoulders and left the nurse's office in disgust.

Mizukoshi: Hahhh, oh my.

Mizukoshi-sensei shrugged her shoulders while smiling bitterly.

How could I support a robot with such an attitude...?

Mizukoshi: I don't expect you to stay with her the entire time.

Mizukoshi-sensei probably sensed what I was thinking, and spoke with a bitter smile.

Mizukoshi: She's not stupid. She won't do anything to expose her identity. I just want you to keep her in mind, that's all. After all, she's all alone.

Her voice sounded warm, like a mother concerned about her child.

Mizukoshi: So, will you do it?

Yoshiyuki: Well, it was my fault for activating her in the first place, so I'll try my best.

Mizukoshi: Great. Thank you.

Mizukoshi-sensei smiled.

Mizukoshi: Here you are.

Yoshiyuki: Hmm? What is this?

She handed me a document.

Mizukoshi: That's Amakase's basic information. Just read through it.

Yoshiyuki: Okay.

Mizukoshi: Basically, she is the same as humans. She's a normal teenage girl.

Yoshiyuki: Yeah.

Mizukoshi: She's fully functional down there, too, so if you do a good job, you may get lucky?

She laughed.

That isn't what a teacher should say.

Mizukoshi: Oh, by the way. I'd appreciate it if you were friendly with her. A lot of things happened in the past, and that's why she's not very found of humans.

She looked into my eyes and smiled.

Mizukoshi: She's actually a nice, honest girl.

So she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment