Wednesday 18 March 2015

Dramatical Murder - Falling from the Sky

Falling from the Sky

Aoba: Good morning.

Haga: Good morning.

The next day, when I go to work at Heibon as usual, Haga-san is organizing the stock.

I leave my bag behind the counter and put down Ren before going over to Haga-san immediately.

I have to properly apologize for yesterday...

Aoba: Boss.

Haga: Yes?

Aoba: I'm sorry about yesterday's delivery.

Haga: Eh? Aah, no no, don't worry about it anymore...

As he says that, his expression clouds.
I'm surprised to see him do that.

Maybe after I lost the package he was yelled at by the customer...?

If so, then it's my fault.

Aoba: Um, I'm really sorry. I'd like to apoligize to the customer too if possible...

Haga: Oh, yes. About that.

Haga-san pushes up his glasses with a troubled face.

Haga: Since yesterday's delivery was done with pre-payment, I wanted to ask if he wanted a refund or a re-delivery, and tried to contact him in various ways. I even tried to contact the control center, but it was completely useless.

Aoba: Useless?

Haga: Yes. I couldn't contact him at all. Since the sender and recipient were the same I tried checking the address, but a person with a completely different name lived there... And he said he didn't remember ordering any goods.

Aoba: In other words, was it a prank?

Haga: It is very likely. But I don't know why anyone would want to do such a thing.

Maybe...

Even if suggest it's a prank, it was already paid, and it would only be a loss for the other party.

Why would anyone do something like that?

I tilt my head together with Haga-san.

Haga: It's fine as is... but it still doesn't feel right.

Aoba: Yeah...

More importantly, I... was pulled into Rhyme during that delivery.

Suspicion drifts through the air, and it suddenly becomes time to open the shop.

Haga: Oops, have to get to work.

Haga-san hurries out of the shop.

I feel somewhat unpleasant... and no matter how hard I think about it I don't understand it, so I'll have to give up for now.

Aoba: I'll right. I have some work to do too.

I decide to change my mood and return to the counter.

The morning passes with no incidents in particular, and after finishing lunch break, the afternoon shift starts.

Since Haga-san went out, I'm the only one in the shop.

Aoba: Yes... Yes. Well then, we look forward to hearing from you again.

After finishing an incoming call from a customer, I take a breather.

Since he reacted to my voice with the usual patter, I was able to sell just as many things.

It seemed like he was one of those who had called before, and he was reluctant to hang up the phone, so it was a little troublesome.

While I feel disgusted by the excited voice that still lingers in my ears, the doorbell rings.

Oh, a customer?

I take my elbow off the counter and straighten myself up.

Kio: Hiya, Aoba.

Nao: Aoba, we came to plaaaaaaay.

Mio: Hmph.

Aoba: ...It's you guys.

I thought it was a customer, but the only ones that come in are the evil brat siblings.

I let out an exaggerated sigh, rest my elbow on the counter again and give the kids a sharp glare.

Whenever they come in, it always spells bad news.

Aoba: You just came to do stupid stuff again. Go home already.

Kio: Aoba, you're annoying.

Nao: Annnoyiiiiing.

Mio: You just stay quiet now, all right?

Aoba: .....

Those brats...

The brats find Bonjin-kun and immediately start chasing him.

Mio: Ah, there it is!

Nao: Wait up, wait uuup!

Kio: Catch it!

Bonjin: C-Cleaning!!!

The confused Bonjin-kun quickly moves to escape.

Bonjin-kun is quite clever for an Allmate, so he can move unexpectedly fast and his evasion ability is also high.

It's not easy to catch him. But that's probably what keeps the brats chasing after him, anyway.

Aoba: Hey, hey, hey, hey, don't run!

Nao: Ah, come on-!

Kio: Wait!

Mio: Catch it already!

Nao: Come ooooooooooooooooooooooon!!!

Bonjin: C-Cleaning! Cleaninining!!!

Ah, the shelf is wobbling now...

That cardboard looks like it's about to fall...

Aoba: ......

It should be fine to just stop this by force.

...I thought I could, but I'm one step too late.

Aoba: Aaahhhh!!

Mio: No waaaay! Something broooooke!

Nao: It broke!

Aoba: Don't you 'it broke!' me! You brats!!

Kio: Waaah! Aoba got angry!

Nao: Angryyy!!

Mio: I hate quick-tempered men!

Aoba: Shut up! ...You! Hey! You too!

I catch the trio by their necks, drag them to the door, and throw them out.

Kio: Uwah!

Nao: Ouch!

Mio: How cruel! You're awful!

Aoba: Shut up, shut uuuup! When you make an adult angry, it can get scaaaary.

I put my hands on my hips and make an "intimidating teacher" pose while glaring at the brats.

Aoba: Geez, you're always causing trouble. Try reflecting a little. And go home already.

Kio: So annoying! Shut up, stupid!

Nao: Stupid Aoba!

Mio: You're so lame, you old geezer!

Aoba: ..... ...You little... ...Just listen to me alreadyyyyyy!!!!

Nao/Kio/Mio: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

The instant I finally snap and yell at them, the brats make a break for it.

Ah, dammit.
Even I don't think I'm all that popular, but...

If those kids just had the capacity for even little bit of cute in them...

And now I have to clean the mess they left...

Sheesh...

...Hm? What?

I thought I heard something just now...

Aoba: Whoooa!?

S-something just fell all of the sudden!

Aoba: .....

...What fell from the sky was apparently a person.

But...
A human... from the sky?

From the physique, it appears to be a man.
I can't see his face because his head is facing the other way.

Is he...
He isn't dead, right...?

Clear: U- uuun...

Aoba: !

The man moans and stands up.

He's alive...

I'm relieved, but soon I find mysekf frozen in place again.

...He doesn't  have a face?
No, that's not it. He's wearing a gas mask.

Clear: ...Ah, that surprised me.

The man scratches his hair and looks around frantically.

He seems to be fine, but...
Isn't he injured or anything?

And why is he wearing a mask?

Falling down from above is really weird, and no matter how you look at him he seems abviously suspicious.

As I stand petrified, the gas mask guy turns and faces towards me.

Aoba: .....

I reflexively stop blinking and breathing.

Don't come over here...

Please ignore me and go somewhere else...

...But wishing that was futile, and the gas mask guy briskly approaches me.

Clear: Master, I'm okay.

Aoba: ...Huh?

Master?

Clear: I heard Master's voice, so I came.

...What's this guy talking about?

Clear: Is something wrong?

Aoba: No, um... I think you're mistaking me for someone else.

Clear: Mistaking you for someone else?

Aoba: I'm not anyone's Master.

Clear: No, Master is Master.

Aoba: No, you're wrong. I don't even know you.

Clear: That's not true. I'm Clear, the one who carried you here yesterday.

Aoba: You carried me yesterday?

Yesterday, now that you mention it...

After being in Rhyme, I woke up lying here for some reason.

Aoba: Wait... Were you the one who pulled me into Rhyme?

That rabbit head had his face covered, and I felt like his clothes were similar too.

Clear: No, that was not me. But I thought that Master was Master and I carried you here.

.....

...His story doesn't quite make sense.

Clear: I heard Master's voice yesterday. Destruction and death.

Aoba: ...What?

I've heard that somewhere...

Aoba: Why do you know those words...Guh!?

Suddenly the gas mask guy takes hold of both of my cheeks and pulls them right and left.

Aoba: Ow ow! Thah hurs!

Clear: Master seems different from yesterday. It's hard to explain what, but if I had to say something, I remember your face and voice being scruffier.

While pinching my cheeks, the gas mask guy keeps turning my head.

Who is this guy!?

Aoba: Ih hurss! Leggo!

Clear: Okay.

The gas mask guy quickly releases his hands.

Damn, that hurt...
What's up with this guy!?

He pinched my cheeks without holding back, and now it stings.

While I rub my cheeks with watery eyes, the gas mask guy tilts his head.

Clear: I'll ask again, but you really are Master, right?

Aoba: I already told you, I'm not!

Clear: I don't think that's the case.

Aoba: .....

I stand silently irritated and take a deep breath in order to calm myself.

Calm down... If you let him get to you, it's just what he wants.

If this guy really is the rabbit head from yesterday, I have to catch him and question him.

He seems like an idiot now, but if he gets angry won't his true nature come out?

I can't do it in Rhyme, but if this becomes a fight in the real world, I'll manage somehow.

I'll just try irritating him a little...

Aoba: ...Hey!

As soom as I finish my yell, I throw a kick at the man's behind.

Clear: Ahhh!

The gas mask guy leans back and holds his buttocks with both hands.

Clear: Please, Master... Stop it!!!

Aoba: ...Wha?

The gas mask guy sinks to the floor.

Clear: Please stop, Master... I can't... break any more than this.

Aoba: .....

...Yeah.

This guy isn't him. Definitely not him.

I'll just quickly finish up here and return to work.

Aoba: Anyway I'm not your Master. I have work to do so I'm going back. Bye.

Clear: What should I do?

Aoba: Go home!

Clear: Understood.

The gas mask guys nods obediently and digs through his pocket with his right hand.

What he takes out is...

...Oh!
A vinyl umbrella.

[Choices]
-> Why the Umbrella?
-> Are you a magician?

No comments:

Post a Comment