Tuesday 31 March 2015

Dramatical Murder - The Demo

The Demo

Koujaku leaves to go see his other team members, and I head over to Mizuki's shop.

Hm? A message.

Aoba: ...Spam?

The subject says "Please save me".

The sender is "Captive Princess".

...Captive Princess?

I could've sworn I got a spam message earlier with the same name.

Huh, it's the exact same thing again.

Aoba: And, delete.

Hm? Another message.

Aoba: ...Huh?

The same thing came again.
I quickly delete it.

Aoba: ...Huh? Eh? Wait...

This looks bad...

They just keep coming.
What the hell?

Confused, I open my bag and start Ren up.

Ren: Aoba.

Aoba: Ren, these messages look like bad news. What virus is it?

Ren: Wait a moment. I'm investigating it now.

Saying that, Ren goes silent.

I wait impatiently as the messages keep coming in the whole time.

Aoba: Ren, are you done yet?

Ren: Analysis completed. There is no virus. And if it is indeed actually virus, it's had counter-measures installed.

Aoba: So you're saying it's impossible for you to stop these messages from coming in?

Ren: The sende's address is unidentified.

Aoba: The hell, are you serious!?

Ren: It would be better to check the contents.

Aoba: Is it gonna be all right...?

But I have a feeling these messages will never leave me alone. Even my ringtone is starting to tick me off...

Aoba: I got it, jeez! If you want me to, I'll look already!

In an act of desperation, I tap the subject.

...Huh?

They stopped sending.

What did I do?

I feel uneasy, but read the text inside.

There's nothing written.
So was it really just spam after all...?

My Coil rings again.
But this time it isn't a message.

Ren: It's a game being transmitted.

Aoba: A game being transmitted... Oh.

Now that I think about it, there was that beta going on for that game before. This must be the next phase.

When it finishes downloading, the Title Screen shows up on the monitor.

It's the same title as last time.

Aoba: ...Hm?

I'm ready to play, but there's no start button.
How do you start this?

A few moments later, the screen changes and the game suddenly starts up.

Even when I try to work the controls on my Coil, nothing moves.

Aoba: Ren, it's not working.

Ren: Isn't it a demo?

Aoba: A demo? What's the point of sending that out?

I keep trying to press the control keys, and the protagonist starts to move.

Did I get it to work?

Right as I think I did, I don't touch the controls but the character continues to move on its own.

Aoba: ...What is this?

The game looks like it's only half done.
So it really was just a demo.

What's the point in sending this?
Did they make a mistake?

I don't get what it's about either...

Aoba: It looks exactly like one of those 'deep' games.

Ren: I see.

Aoba: All those messages earlier were like spam too. A total waste of time. Let's just go home.

I exit out of the game and Ren and I start to walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment