Tuesday 10 March 2015

Da Capo II - Going Home with Yume

Going Home with Yume

We walked slowly down the dim cherry blossom tree lined street.

We heard kids' voices here and there.

I guess kids don't mind the cold winds when they play.

Yume: You sure aren't a good rock-paper-scissors player, huh, Nii-san?

Yoshiyuki: Huh? When are you talking about, girl? I lost on purpose. I did it because I'm a good big brother.

Yume: Really? So you always throw "scissors" on purpose, huh?

Yoshiyuki: O-Of course.

That was news to me.

Yume: Hmmm, really?

Yoshiyuki: Wh-What's that doubtful look for?

Yume: Nope, I just thought you didn't realize that yourself.

Yoshiyuki: I-I, of course I did.

Come to think of it, I always lose with "scissors".

Dammit!

I didn't know my own weakness.

Yume: Then don't lose on purpose next time, okay?

Yume smiled at me provokingly.

Yoshiyuki: Heh, heh, don't regret saying that.

I'll win.

Our eyes met.

Yume: Hmm?

Yume looked away.

Yume: Ah... This is... Ths scenery is...

She stopped and looked around.

Yoshiyuki: What's the matter?

Yume: Mmm. Wait a minute.

Yume went through her bag and took out a notebook.

Yume: Let's see...

She flipped through the pages.

Yoshiyuki: What is it? Did you come up with an embarrassing poem or something?

Yume: Don't be ridiculous, ah!

Yume turned around.

Yoshiyuki: Mmm?

Yume: Watch out, Nii-san...

Slam!

Yoshiyuki: Ouch!

I felt an impact on the back of my head.

My neck bent forward in ninety degree.

Instantly.

I saw flashes.

Yume: ...Ah, ha, ha, ha, I guess it was too late.

I heard a ball bouncing behind me.

Kid: I'm sorry.

A kid ran up and collected the ball.

Yoshiyuki: .........

Yume: What a heads up, huh?

I didn't know how to respond to that.

Yume: It was as if you had eyes in the back of your head.

I still don't know what to say.

Yume: By the way, are you okay?

I guess my condition wasn't her priority.

I still felt dizzy.

I rubbed where the ball hit.

I didn't feel a bump.

Yoshiyuki: I should be okay. I don't feel a bump, either.

I shook my head lightly.

Yume: Are you sure?

Yume felt the back of my head.

Yume: It seems okay, but maybe you should put some ice on it later.

Yoshiyuki: Yeah, maybe I should.

Yume: Shall we get going?

Yume put the notebook back in her bag.

Yoshiyuki: Hmm? Are you done?

Yume: Done with what?

Yoshiyuki: Your poem. You usually jot down stuff, right?

Yume: No, I don't!

Yoshiyuki: Then what was that notebook for?

Yume: It's a secret.

Yoshiyuki: Whatever.

Although she said that, I was sure it was a book of poetry.

Or maybe she was jotting down some embarrassing stuff, like this or that...

Yume: I'm getting a strange aura from you, Nii-san.

Yoshiyuki: You're just imagining things.

Yume: You have a cunning smile on your face though.

Yoshiyuki: It's your imagination.

We headed home as we talked.

No comments:

Post a Comment