Monday 30 March 2015

Dramatical Murder - Call out to Noiz

Call out to Noiz

Aoba: Noiz! Cut it out already! Just chill out!

Noiz: They're the ones who need to chill out.

Man 4: They're getting fired up over there.

Man 6: We'll teach these old geezers what's what.

It looks like those two are fighting.

And it even looks like they both don't want to miss this chance to be able to.

Koujaku: Well then... Here I go!

Koujaku and Noiz clash, and both Rib and Rhyme players start fighting each other like it's a free-for-all.

Since there are no rules, more people join in and it's a giant mess.

The large alleyway fills with the sound of screams and roars, and the sound of fighting echoes far and wide.

I have to at least stop Koujaku and Noiz...!

I force my way through to get to them, but a guy from the side swoops down on me.

Man 7: You're on the Rhyme side aren't you!?

Aoba: Whoooa!

He's about to hit me, and he looks like he's in for the kill.

I reflexively aim for his defenseless neck and strike it with my hand.

Man 7: Ugh!

His knees buckle in and he falls to the ground.

That was a close one...
It could've been bad if I wasn't paying attention.

Man 8: Uryah!

And as soon as that came to mind...!

Aoba: !

The man is swinging his arm, with something sharp flying around.
I soon realize that he has a knife in his hand.

Aoba: Seriously, that's not fucking funny!

I get both his arms in a hold, and pull them downwards. As he staggers, I shove my knee into his chin.

Man 8: Guh!

He bends backwards and I kick the knife that fell from his hand; then I connect a light kick into his face.

Man 8: Guh.

Aoba: Jeez...

I look for Koujaku and Noiz again.

They're still battling, not a bit focused on what's going on around them.

Aoba: Koujaku! Noi...

Akushima: You bastards! What're you doing!!?!?

The booming voice hurts my ears, and all of the fighting suddenly comes to a dead stop. Everyone turns their heads.

And then...

Once we saw who yelled, we all started running away as fast as we could.

Akushima...!

The policemen all pull out their guns.

Akushima: What the hell's all of this noise!? Rhyme!? Rib!? Either way, you're all getting the DEATH PENALTY!!!

Koujaku: Aoba!

Against the stampede of people running in the opposite direction, Koujaku heads my way.

Aoba: Where's Noiz?

Koujaku: He ran away. We have to go too!

Koujaku grabs my arm and we start running.

Akushima: GET BACK HEEEEEEREEEEE!!!!

Akushima's loud yells could be heard even as we ran farther away out of the alley.

Koujaku and I slow down and stop running once we realize that we don't hear the sound of any people after us anymore.

We're both completely out of breath.

Aoba: ...We should be fine if we're this far ahead.

Koujaku: Yeah.

Just to make sure, Koujaku turns around and checks behind us, and then he gives me an apologetic look.

Koujaku: ...Sorry about this. I came to your place again but ended up just making a racket. I lost my cool... to that little shit back there.

Koujaku's expression then turns serious.

Koujaku: Aoba. He's the guy who pulled you into that Drive-By Rhyme match, right?

Aoba: .....

His exact guess startles me.

He came up with it just by looking at my reactions.

Koujaku: So you knew already. I didn't think you would've.

Aoba: ...Sorry.

Koujaku: No. I'm not trying to put you down. But he's been following you around since that Drive-By, hasn't he? What happened?

Aoba: ...What should I say, uh-

There's no reason to hide it now.

I decide to tell Koujaku the truth straight out.

Aoba: When he dragged me into Rhyme, I didn't even know what to do. I've never done Rhyme before. At the end I sort of blacked out and I don't remember exactly what happened, but... he said that I won.

Koujaku: You did?

Aoba: Yeah. I don't remember it at all either, and there's no way I could've. But he said that I won.

Koujaku: So he's following you so he can get some payback, huh. He has no pride, that little shit. In or out of Rhyme, if you lose, you lose. A real man accepts his defeats. And you even blacked out, didn't you? At this point he's just plain harrassing you.

Aoba: I guess...

Koujaku: What? Are you worried about something?

Aoba: ...When I was in Rhyme, I heard someone's voice.

Koujaku: What do you mean? Not that guy's?

Aoba: I think it was someone else. It was more like his voice came from my head rather than outside it. And then I started to give instructions to Ren. It was like I just instinctively knew how to fight.

Koujaku: And you haven't done Rhyme ever, either.

Aoba: Yeah. But then why did I give instructions? I don't even know. And that's what bothers me...


I hang my head down because the conversation makes me feel uncomfortable, and Koujaku lightly grabs my shoulder.

Koujaku: Don't think too hard about it. That's always been a bed habit of yours. Otherwise Ren tells you, 'Aoba, your thoughts look like they're about to burst out of your head'.

Aoba: Okay...

Koujaku's impression of Ren gets me to smile a bit.

Koujaku: And being just suddenly dragged into Rhyme might've just confused you. But you can always tell me anything, just so you know.

Aoba: Yeah, thank you.

Koujaku: Because Tae-san always makes the best food.

Aoba: Because of that?

Koujaku: Haha.

I laugh together with Koujaku, and the glom starts to fade a little bit.

You always feel relieved when you talk to someone else.

That's right... I'm not the best at it, but it's not good to clam up about things like this.

If you do, it becomes something like a sickness.

Koujaku: Oh yeah, want to go hit up the guys in Dry Juice?

Aoba: Sure. I'm worried about Mizuki too... Ah!

Koujaku: What's wrong?

Aoba: I should be working! Haga-san is out so I have to go watch the store!

Koujaku: Hey, hey! Aren't you going to get in trouble?

Aoba: I'll go call him.

I call Haga-san on my Coil in a rush.

Haga (phone): Hello, you've reached Junk Shop Heibon.

Aoba: Haga-san!? I'm so sorry, I...!!

Haga (phone): Oh, Aoba-kun. I was wondering what happened since you weren't at the shop... did something urgent come up?

Aoba: Well, I, uh...

Noiz suddenly showed up to the shop and... he wouldn't understand me even if I said that, anyway.

Not knowing how I could possibly explain it to him, I dodge the question and apologize profusely.

He sounded a little bitter about it, but he forgave me.

Haga (phone): It's okay for today. I'm here.

Aoba: I'm so sorry about this...! I'll make sure to pay attention next time!

Haga (phone): I know you will. Well then, good work. Be safe.

Aoba: Good work today! Haa...

Koujaku: Everything okay?

Aoba: I guess...

As much as Haga-san lets me off, I still didn't take care of my resposibilities as an adult...

I'll apologize more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment