Thursday 12 March 2015

Dramatical Murder - Rabbit Head

Rabbit Head

The delivery destination was close when I turned left at the road and headed straight.

As I turn a corner, I see a man crouching down by the road side.

He whispers something, but I don't understand the contents well.

These days, you could see people doing this pretty often.

Sitting down on the ground and looking at the sky, muttering to themselves against the wall like that.

People like this have always existed, but it feels like more of them have been showing up lately.

Well, as long as you stay away from them.

I quickly pass by the whispering man.

~

In the alley of this neighborhood, the road was smaller than it used to be. No sunshine came through, so it was very humid.

It also had many restaurants, and fragrant smells and smoke drifted around constantly.

Aoba: I'm feeling kinda hungry now.

Ren: If that feeling is neglected, a stomach ache by hyperacidity will occur in about 1 hour.

Aoba: What for? Is there something wrong with my stomach?

Ren: Yesterday's mean influenced it. There is also a slight influence of sleep deprivation as well.

Aoba: Aah, Yoshie-san's...

If I remember correctly, it was after the time when I was on a delivery to the courier. That cake with a huge amount of whipped cream...

Aoba: ...Hm?

I feel something strange and stop.

It feels like someone was just staring at me...

But I don't see anyone particularly suspicious.

...Must've been my imagination.

Ren: ! Aoba!

Aoba: Eh? ...nh!?

Suddenly, I feel a sensation similar to losing my footing on a set of stairs.

Everything that reflected in my eyes stopped moving and drifted to my step with a great speed just after that.

Aoba: Ow...

In the confusing situation, a sharp headache runs through my head and I scowl.

Aoba: Wh...at...!?

My thoughts become muddy like turbid water and my hands and feet turn numb.

After feeling a strange sense that torments my whole body, a view opens out before my eyes.

Aoba: ...!? What is this place...?

It's...

It's almost like I've been sucked into a game.

The wire-frame floor emits light and continues on forever.

Aoba: Rhyme... That kind of Rhyme!?

As I continue to look around, the space before me shines pale blue.

The shape of a person begins to form, starting from their feet.

The sight of the person that forms in front of me almost causes me to fall backwards.

Aoba: Ren!?

Ren: Aoba, are you okay?

Aoba: What, what just happened? And why do you look like that?

Ren: It seems that Allmates are reflected in their online mode here.

Aoba: Isn't online mode used mainly in Rhyme? I've only seen you in that form on the setting screen. And the announcement earlier said something about Rhyme...

Ren: Looks like it. Only, our present location is the same as before coming here.

[announcement]

Ren: Aoba!

Aoba: Gah!!

Ren pushes me away and I roll onto the floor while a fierce wind goes over my head.

Aoba: What was that...!?

Ren: Aoba, this is a public Rhyme field. It seems we were forcibly dragged into Rhyme.

Aoba: What!? Is that even...

Ren: Aoba, something's coming.

I follow Ren's line of sight and what I see shocks me.

A rabbit's head.

...A person wearing a rabbit head stands there.

Aoba: Does this mean Rhyme started already...?

Noiz: ...This time. ...This time, it is such an honor. So let's have a fun game shall we?

Ren: Aoba, it's coming.

Aoba: Coming!? What should I...

Green Rabbit: DEATH set!

Red Rabbits: Roger!

Aoba: Eh!? Aaaah...! That was dangerous! Hey, wait a minute! I want nothing to do with Rhyme! Cut it out!

Noiz: Rhyme name, Sly Blue.

Aoba: Wha?

Noiz: Seragaki Aoba.

Aoba: Why do you know my name...? And what's this Sly thing?

Noiz: Fight.

Aoba: I've never done Rhyme before!

Noiz: Fight.

Aoba: But I said I've never done this before...!

Noiz: ...Fight.

[attack]

Aoba: It's useless, he won't listen! Let's run! Ren, can't we do something!? Is there a way to get out of here or something?

Ren: I tried, but the logout function itself seems to have been disabled.

Aoba: Seriously, what's up with this Rhyme!?

[attack]

Aoba: Uah! Ouuch...!

Ren: Aoba, are you all right?

Aoba: ...It hurts pretty badly.

Ren: Rhyme doesn't inflict damage on the real body. It is all an illusion in the brain. It is controlled so that it does not cause any further influence. But in this field, the control of the damage level seems to be excluded for some reason.

Aoba: Doesn't that mean...

Ren: When taking damage here, some influences may be exerted on the real body.

Aoba: Then isn't this the worst case scenario...!?

Red rabbit: You can't get away.

When I look up, a rabbit peeps at me from a block nearby.

Green rabbit: LOSS' set!

Red rabbit: Roger!

[attack]

Crap...!

[Choice]
-> Guard
Protect Ren

Ren jumps in front of me when I miss the chance to escape.

Ren: ...Ngh.

Aoba: Ren, are you okay!? ...!? [several flashbacks] Ngh... Ugh, Ah...! My, head... ...Ngh, ...Ugh! Ren, 'JUBILATION', set.

Ren: Aoba?

Aoba: Do it already.

Ren: ..... ...Understood.

~

Noiz: ..... [Aoba's status data] ...Tch. You've gotta be kidding me. His Allmate is an old model without armor. ...Is he underestimating me?

Cube rabbit: He almost doesn't have anything, he's completely screwing with us!

Noiz: ...Let's just finish this quickly.

Aoba: .....

Noiz: ...?

[Ren's arm starts to sparkle]

Noiz: ...What?

[Ren prepares to attack]

Noiz: !

[Ren attacks]

Cube rabbit: P!

Green rabbit: Confirmed enemy attack! 3 Losses! Durability decreased by 12!

Noiz: ...Damn that guy.

Aoba: ...! Just now... What did I...? Ren, what was that...?

Ren: You gave me instructions to attack.

Aoba: Attack? How could I do that? I don't know any attacks... But a little while ago... it felt like my mouth was moving on its own...

Ren: Aoba, he's coming again. Instructions.

Aoba: Even if you ask, I... ..... But if I don't, we'd be in trouble, right...? Just have to do it like earlier... [closes his eyes] ...gh. [several flashbacks] ...Nngh... [opens his eyes] ...Ren... Defense.

Ren: Understood.

Green rabbit: DEMOLISH' set!

Red rabbit: Roger!

[attack]

Ren: ...Ngh.

Aoba: ...! Hrgh, this is bad!

[Ren defenses]

~

Green rabbit: Main body of enemy's defense wall, 100% damage!

Noiz: ...I guess it was useless to expect more. Let's go.

Green rabbit: Withdrawal! Withdrawal! ...No it's not! Wait! Main body of enemy's defense wall, recovering at amazing speed! 40, 50... 70, 90!

Noiz: ...What's going on? .....! What happened...?

Green rabbit: Alert! Alert! Danger! Danger!

Noiz: !?

~

"...Destruction and death."

Aoba: ...Ngh.

...Ugh.
My head hurts...

What...
What happened...?

Aoba: ...Ah, ow ow...

It seems... I'd somehow fallen on the ground.

I endire the pain in my whole body, gather my strength in both arms, and prop myself up.

I stagger and almost fall again, but I manage to somehow stay standing.

Aoba: It hurts... but... how did it turn out...?

I press my forehead with one hand and try to arrange my confused memories.

It must have...

[Flashback]

I was suddenly dragged into Rhyme during a delivery, and some weird rabbit head...

[Flashback ends]

Aoba: ..... ...I'm in front of the shop?

I've seen it every day so I can't be wrong.

I... am standing in front of Heibon.

But why?
I should have gone out for a delivery...

When I look around, I see a lump of blue fur lying on the ground.

Aoba: Ren!

I run up to him immediately and embrace him.
There's no reaction.

I push Ren's head lightly and try calling him.

Aoba: Ren, hey!

Ren: [opens eyes] ...Aoba.

After a short pause, Ren opens his eyes.

I feel relieved from the bottom of my heart after seeing him safe.

Aoba: Are you okay?

Ren: There are no large problems in particular.

Aoba: Really? You're not broken anywhere?

Ren: Some of the data is damaged.

Aoba: Isn't that enough of a problem?

Ren should also have received damage in Rhyme from that rabbit headed guy.

Aoba: I'll examine you once we get home, okay?

Ren: To be on the safe side, please do.

Aoba: Yeah. It even feels like some of the data in my brain's damaged... I remember fighting with that rabbit head, but how did it turn out?

Ren: My data from then on is also damaged.

Aoba: I see... Wait a minute, I'll try to remember.

I endure the headache, close my eyes, and search my memory.

But the more I try to remember, the more it feels like the memories go farther away.

Aoba: ...It's useless. I can't remember anything...

Ren: There's nothing we can do about it.

Aoba: Really? Why?

Ren: If the average man's storage capacity is assumed to be 100, Aoba's capacity would be...

Aoba: Are we really having this conversation right now? ...Ah...

Ren: Aoba?

Aoba: Hu... huh? I'm, getting kinda dizzy... ...Ren, you... since when did you have eight legs...

Ren: Aoba!

Aoba: .....

What is this...?

Everything in front of me is spinning...

Where's the ground...? What...

Aoba: Wait here.

Ren runs off somewhere.

I watch him as he leaves. It looks like there are three of him, and I unconsciously laugh.

Haha, that's strange...

Ren has three heads...

...My consciousness broke off there.

No comments:

Post a Comment