Wednesday 11 March 2015

Da Capo II - Night of the First Day

Night of the First Day

Yoshiyuki: *Yawwn*

I stretched as I laid in my bed.

When I looked at the clock, I realized it was already late.

Yoshiyuki: Maybe I should go to sleep.

Just as I closed the magazine I was reading...

...Knock, knock.

I heard a knock on the door.

Yoshiyuki: Come in.

Sakura: Hello! How's it going?

My landlord came in excitedly despite the time of the day.

Her golden hair bounced.

Yoshiyuki: Well, I was about to go to sleep...

Sakura: Oh, you're no fun, Yoshiyuki-kun.

No matter how many times I've seen her tiny body and those gestures, it's hard to believe that she's my guardian...

How old is she anyway?

Sakura: Hmm? What is it? Is something on my face?

Yoshiyuki: No, I was just thinking you were able to come home today.

Sakura: Oh, yeah. I was able to finish up earlier than I thought.

She put a smile on her face that would make anyone happy.

Yoshiyuki: Isn't your job tough?

Sakura: Hmmm, not really. Oh, right, by the way Yoshiyuki-kun...

Yoshiyuki: Yes?

Sakura: Do you want to watch Ooka Sabaki? I rented all twenty six episodes on my way home.

Yoshiyuki: No thanks.

Sakura: Wow, what a quick response. How cold.

Yoshiyuki: I have school tomorrow.

Sakura: Why don't you ditch?

Gosh, here comes another inappropriate comment from a principal.

Sakura: If you need to study, I can teach you everything there is to know. Far more than you'll learn at school.

Coming from a person with multiple doctorates, her words carried weight...

Sakura: So come on, let's watch it together.

She sure doesn't look that way at all though.

Yoshiyuki: You still have work too, right? And besides, Oto-nee will be angry.

Sakura: Ugh, you're right. Otome-chan is scary when she's angry. Hmm, then I guess I'll just watch it all by my lonesome.

She looked disappointed.

But smiled right away.

Sakura: Good night, then!

Yoshiyuki: Okay, good night.

The door was shut and I heard her footsteps go away with her humming.

Sakura-san...

I looked out the window.

Through the crack in the curtains, I saw cherry blossom petals fluttering in the air.

Yoshiyuki: Well, I guess I'm going to sleep.

I turned the light off.

What kind of dream am I going to have today...?

I let the sandman take me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment