Friday 13 March 2015

Joined in Love with You - Sawaguchi Mai

Sawaguchi Mai

Mai: Heyyy!

I roared with a voice so loud that even I got surprised myself.

It was lunch break, so there were many people around the hallway. Now that I think about it, I must have been pretty conspicuous.

In fact, all the ladies who were elegantly enjoying their lunch break stared at me in awe as if I were a rare animal while I raced down the hall with all my might.

Mai: Stop! I said stop!

But even if I had to make a scene, I had to stop that girl in front of me, so I raised my voice once more.

Reo: Hmph, want me to stop? In your dreams! Bleh! Idi~ot, idi~ot.

...Tch.

She just called me an idiot just now, didn't she?

She even spit her tongue out at me.

I don't meant to brag, but I should let her know that I'm rather well-received by the teachers.

My grades were always in the top rankings, and I'm good in sports too.

In addition, my role as the peacemaker in class gained me the trust of many.

If someone were to ask the teachers of what kind of student I am, I'm most certain that every single one of them would say these same words: "She's a pure and upright honor student."

Mai: Hohoh... Well, aren't you pretty gutsy...

Reo: Huh...?

Mai: Since you went all the way to agitate me... I'm sure you're prepared for what's going to happen to you, riiighht!?

Reo: Whoooooaaaaaa!?

This is St. Michael's School For Girls.

As its name suggests, it's a girls-only school under the blessing of God.

Every day, elegant, pure, and pampered maidens from various prestigious families come forth to this school in order ro learn and fulfill their service to God.

...Well, that's about it.

Me?

Well, I'm a rare exception.

My father is just a common salaryman, and my mother works in the same company as him.

Since both of my parents are working, I do believe that we're wealthier than the average family.

Though I say that, we don't have a backyard spacious enough to hold a house party for hundreds, nor do we have any luxurious black car at our disposal.

What's more, I often have to take care of my younger brother and sister since my parents are often not at home due to work.

Seriously, it's quite obvious that I'm a "commoner".

To put it in another way, it would be just like a tulip appearing in a bed of roses in full bloom.

Even though that tulip tries so hard to become like a rose, its difference in shape would just stand out in the end anyway.

So one could say that I'm just like that tulip, slender and tall.

...Wait, I think I drifted off from the point.

Anyway, out of some kind of mistake, I had entered this "St. Michael's School For Girls" and had since lived a life trying to portray myself as an upright student.

But due to being overly excellent in my act as an honor student, I've been treated like a class representative and had to always listen to my classmates' problems.

Why? Why me?

All I wanted was to just not get pricked by the thorns of other roses around me and not grow too tall so that I won't get cut...

Even though that's all I wanted, troubles keep on coming toward me wave after wave.

That's right... Ever since the day THAT GIRL appeared, not one day had I been able to go through peacefully.

...Anyway.

There's only one single thing I wanted to say to her.

Mai: Please just stop making more work for me!

That's all, honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment