Sunday 22 March 2015

Dramatical Murder - Noiz

Noiz

When I come back home after my part-time job, I restlessly try to open the lock on the front door.

I wonder if Granny behaved herself?

...However, I stop my hand halfway.

Something's strange.

Aoba: Huh?

When I insert the key, something feels different.
...Don't tell me.

Aoba: ...It's open.

The door isn't locked.

Did I go out without locking it again...?

Aoba: This is bad. Granny's inside... What do I do if something happened?

The bonds between the people in the community are strong, but security isn't tight, and it wasn't uncommon to hear of thieves.

I feel sick of my own forgetfulness and I enter the house, listening carefully.

...There doesn't seem to be any sign of people.

I take off my shoes and enter the corridor before heading straight to Granny's room.

I open the door quietly and peep inside to find Granny sleeping buried in the futon.

Looks like nothing happened...

I heave a sigh of relief and return to the corridor.

Aoba: ...Hm?

I stop going up the stairs.

Something... felt strange.

It's quiet in the house because Granny was sleeping, and there's nothing particularly strange.

Is it my imagination?

I twist my neck as I walk up the stairs and open the door to my room.

...Inside, I realize that it wasn't just my imagination.

Aoba: Wha-what's all this...?

Not that it's anything to brag about, but my room was never particularly clean.

There were books and magazines piled up on the floor, and there were also many things I just left there because cleaning them up would be a pain.

But... I don't remember it being this dirty.

The room is a complete mess, almost like a storm blew its way through it.

There are no places left to stand. Everything has been pulled out, and even the table was turned over.

And in the middle of it all sits something that I would've never wanted to see.

...A person is sitting in front of the computer monitor. Just boldly sitting there.

I can only think of one thing this person might be.

It's just like what I was thinking of earlier.

Aoba: Thief! What are you doing in someone else's room!?

The person in frornt of the computer looks up slowly as if he only just realizes my presence.

He's a completely unfamiliar face and I've never seen him before in my life.
He seems to be about the same age as me.

Noiz: Welcome back.

Aoba: Wha...!? Who are you? Why are you in my room...?

Noiz: By the way-

He ignores me as I tremble with anger and taps on the key board with his middle finger.

Aoba: Hey! I didn't say you could touch that!

Noiz: I don't understand the data inside of here at all. What's this even supposed to be? Even the Allmate remodeling program here is complicated. Who the hell are you?

Aoba: Like hell I'd tell you! Just get out!

Noiz: ......

The man laughs through his nose as if he's looking down on me and stands up.

Noiz: Hey, you. Don't you know who I am?

Aoba: Wha?

Noiz: I think you do know, though.

Aoba: ...I don't know you at all. You've got th wrong guy.

Noiz: .....

The man looks into my eyes and opens his mouth slowly.

Noiz: This time, it is such an honor. So let's have a fun game, shall we?

Aoba: ...!?

...I've heard that somewhere before.

What? Where was it?
I've got a very unpleasant feeling...

Noiz: Still don't know?

The man takes something out of his pants pocket.

It's something full of rabbit heads... a key chain.

Aoba: ...!

This guy...

Satisfied with my reaction, the man drops the key chain and looks at me.

Noiz: It was a pretty entertaining setup, wasn't it? Misdirected home delivery and all.

Aoba: ! Were you the Briver-Byer back then? And the home delivery... Were you the one that ordered from us?

Noiz: Yeah. When I investigated various things I founf out you worked there. I thought I'd have you come to me. I paid in advance, so there's no problems for the shop, right?

Aoba: ...That's not the problem.

I recall how completely at a loss Haga-san was, and the anger wells up.

Noiz: By the way. It was like that before too, but... When we did Rhyme, what did you do?

Aoba: What are you talking about?

Noiz: Don't play dumb. I'm asking how you beat me.

Aoba: ...Beat you?

During that Drive-By thing, did I beat this  guy?
I can't remember...

Noiz: Are you deaf? Say something.

Aoba: No. ...I don't remember.

Noiz: What?

Aoba: I can't remember a thing about what happened during Rhyme...

Noiz: .....

The man frowns a little, but immediately forms a straight face again.

Noiz: So that's how you try to get out of it.

Aoba: ...Guh!

Suddenly, he grabs me by my coat collar and presses me against the wall.

This guy's stronger than he looks...!

Noiz: Then I'll have to use force. It seems to be the most effective way for you.

Aoba: ...Gh, let me go!

Noiz: You really can't remember?

Aoba: I don't remember!

Noiz: .....

The man stares into my eyes intently as if he's trying yo find something.

Noiz: Fight me in Rhyme one more time.

Aoba: Wha? I don't know how to do Rhyme. ...ugh.

I'm pressed against the wall with even more force.

Noiz: Still going to say that? Then I'll destroy what's important to you.

Aoba: !

Noiz: I know what's important to you. I know all about it.

The man's eyes look at the computer, suggesting something.

What this guy's talking about is probably... Ren.

He's threatening me. If I don't accept, he's really gonna do it.

A dangerous atmosphere fills the room.

But even now I don't feel like fighting him in Rhyme.


And I'm beginning to get angry at his ridiculous behavior.

[Choices]
-> Fight back
-> You brat!

No comments:

Post a Comment