Friday 13 March 2015

Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Shannon's Mistake

Shannon's Mistake

Shannon: ...Umm... Kumasawa-san... Thank you for doing that back there...

As she pushed the serving cart, Shannon bowed her head very deeply.

Kumasawa: Hoh-hoh-ho, I haven't done a~nything that requires thanks.

Kumasawa may have played dumb, but she had obviously understood and saved Shannon in the nick of time. Back when Battler had asked for the details of the dessert, Shannon had unfortunatly hesitated.

There may have been several ways to dodge the question, but all of them would have been tricky. Shannon, who hesitated when hard pressed for a response, was always suffering because of this small weakness.

If only Shannon, like Gohda, had a little of the craftiness needed to skullfylly shake off a mistake, her days would be a littrle more comfortable. As far as being able to flawlessly handle her work, this weakness was especially unfortunate.

Naturally, those whose knew of Shannon's meek nature and her inability to gloss over a mistake and deceive people would understand this. Therefore, Kumasawa came to her aid without hesitation.

Kumasawa: I just heard from Genji-san that there was a change in the afternoon shifts. I believe Shannon-san was given a break until this evening. Hoh-hoh-ho, I'm jealous.

Shannon: Huh... ah, I'm sorry. I haven't checked the list of shifts yet.

Kumasawa: Ah, yes. I was thinking I might start cooking some mackerel in the oven. If you don't mind, I would be happy if you would help out a bit before your break.

Shannon: Ah, yes...! I would be delighted to help.

To Shannon, Kumasawa was like a mother among the servants.

No comments:

Post a Comment