Thursday 19 March 2015

Da Capo II - Banana

Banana

Yoshiyuki: .........

Wataru: .........

Yume: .........

Minatsu: .........

The four of us ate in silence.

There was the rattling sound of our chopsticks.

There was the slurping sound of eating our udon noodles.

There was no conversation.

Wataru tried to talk to Amakase a few times, but she ignored him completely as well, so he gave up.

Yume glared at me once in a while like she wanted to say something.

Hahh, this is really something.

This is getting really unbearable.

I want to hurry up and finish eating so I can go back to the classroom.

I scarfed down the rest of my lunch.

At the same time, Amakase put down her chopsticks.

Minatsu: I'm done.

She put her hands together.

Then she pulled out her bag and took a banana from it.

A banana?

Yoshiyuki: Oh, you like bananas, huh?

Her behavior was so natural, I couldn't help commenting.

Minatsu: ...What did you just say?

The air around us froze.

Her voice sounded angry.

Yoshiyuki: Ah, well, I thought you like bananas...

Minatsu: ...How dare you.

Wh-What? Did I say something inapporpriate?

Yume and Wataru looked away, obviously trying their best not to get involved.

how heartless of them.

Minatsu: Who would actually eat a banana because she likes it?

Slam!

Yoshiyuki: Wow!

Amakase slammed the table and glared at me.

Minatsu: ...Damn you, you don't remember what I said, do you?

Remember... what?

Minatsu: Since you're too stupid to remember, I'll tell you one more time, so remember it well this time. There are two things I hate in this world. Only two. One, of course, is you humans. And the other is... Bananas.

As she glared at the banana in her right hand, she squeezed out the word.

Minatsu: If possible, I would make bananas disappear from this world...

*Beep, beep, beep*

Suddenly, an electronic sound came from a device on her arm and interrupted her.

Minatsu: Shit! The Bananamin!

Amakase clicked her tongue and bit into the banana after she peeled it.

She wolfed it down.

Yume: .........

She ate the banana...

Wataru: .........

...Intently...

Yoshiyuki: .........

...With a foul look on her face the whole time.

Uhh, what? What is this girl?

The people around us went back to what they were doing before as if nothing happened, it was more like they didn't want to face the reality.

This is beyond my understanding.

Yoshiyuki: (Hey Yume, what is Amakase like?)

Yume: (D-Don't ask me.)

Yoshiyuki: (But she's your classmate...)

The PA rang through with an announcement.

Mizukoshi: May I have your attention? Would Amakase Minatsu-san from class 2-1 and Sakurai Yoshiyuki-kun from class 3-3, please come to the nurse's office immediately.

Yoshiyuki: .........

I heard Mizukoshi-sensei's voice from the speaker in the ceiling.

Mizukoshi: I repear. Would Amakase Minatsu-san from class 2-1 and Sakurai Yoshiyuki-kun from class 3-3, please come to the nurse's office immediately.

*Click*

Yoshiyuki: .........

I looked at Amakase.

Minatsu: Hmpfh!

Amakase turned around and left the cafeteria while completely ignoring me.

I watched her leave, dumbfounded.

Wataru: They asked you to go too...

Yoshiyuki: I know.

Yume: Did you do something again?

She glared at me.

Yume: What happened between you and Amakase-san anyway? Amakase-san was obviously acting very strange.

Yoshiyuki: Nothing.

Though I had a guess.

The fact both Amakase and I were called in by Mizukoshi-sensei was givin me a bad feeling.

But I couldn't run.

Besides, I promised Mizukoshi-sensei that I'd help her.

Yoshiyuki: Hahhh.

I gave a small sigh and followed Amakase.

No comments:

Post a Comment