Thursday 19 March 2015

Joined in Love with You - After the Cold

After the Cold

The next day, my fever was completely gone.

Is it because of Reo's medicine?

I'd better thank her later.

After changing into my uniform, I brushed my hair.

Mai: There, I'm done...

~

Instantly after I went into thw classroom, I was surrounded by my classmates.

All of them welcomed me with their utmost concerns.

Looking at their expressions, I felt all warm and fuzzy inside.

Wait, is it just me or do their eyes look like they're asking me for help...?

Girl A: Mai-san, we've been waiting for you!

Girl B: Mai-san!

Girl C: Did your cold go down already?

Mai: Yup, it's completely gone after just a day of sleep.

Girl C: I'm so glad, so, sooooo glad...

All of the girls said tearfully while gripping onto their handkerchiefs.

I was just absent for a day. Isn't this a bit too much?

Girl C: If you were absent today too, then we would be totally lost.

Mai: D-Did something happen?

Girl B: Yesterday, Reo-san had...

Reo?

Mai: Did Reo cause some trouble?

Girl B: No, it's not Reo-san's fault. It's all because of our incompetence.

Mai: Right...

Girl A: Please look around the classroom. Can you see the holes all around the room?

Mai: What?

Now that I look around, the wall was filled with small holes.

In addition, the printout pasted on the wall was slightly ruined.

Mai: Don't tell me... Reo did all this

All the classmates nodded with a teary expression.

Mai: How did things turn out like this...?

Girl A: You were absent due to a cold yesterday, right? That's why we thought we should try to help Reo-san instead. And then...

Girl B: Sob sob...

Girl C: She completely rejected us when we approached her, and even flipped the whole table flying.

Girl A: She looked so scary that she would bite if we got close to her, and we couldn't even move a muscle. In the end, we couldn't help her one bit.

Mai: Ah... uu...

Oh Reo, they just did that out of kindness. You shouldn't treat them that way.

Girl B: There's no way we can replace you, Mai-san. We're sooooo glad that you've recovered.

I see, so that's why everyone came to me with eyes of reliance just now.

Mai: Sorry... everyone.

Girl B: It's not your fault, Mai-san. All of this has been brought about by our lack of virtue.

Girl C: Yeah, that's absolutely right!

Mai: Siiigh...

I guess it's a good thing that I had tried my best to recover and come to school today for Reo's sake.

Still, I'm quite shocked at what happened.

Even though it's certainly something that Reo would do.

However...

I felt a little happy to know that I'm irreplaceable to her.

Mai: Don't worry, you guys. Something like yesterday won't happen again.

Girl C: That's great.

Girl A: Ah, Reo-san.

As one of the girls spotted Reo coming into the classroom, everyone's vision shifted toward the little mischief maker.

Combined with her fluffy hair was a face filled with sullenness.

Well, that's our Reo for you.

Mai: Reo.

Reo: ...Ah.

As her eyes met mine, she immediately turned her face away from mine.

I better express my gratitude to her for yesterday.

Mai: Please excuse me.

I broke free from the circle of classmates and headed toward Reo's seat.

Alright, how am I going to say this...?

No comments:

Post a Comment