Friday 20 March 2015

Dramatical Murder - Tae-san

Tae-san

Granny had fallen down.

After I hang up the phone call from Yoshie-san, I explain the situation to Mizuki and hurry out to Delivery Works.

She fell down on her way to a patient's house where she was going to deliver some medicine that she had prescribed, and she also was taken to the Delivery Works which happened to be nearby.

Anyway... I ran at full speed.

My heart felt like it was about to explode and I had no breath left.

My whole body is tense, my fingers and toes tingling.

Granny's collapsed from overwork before.

It was because of... me.
It was because I made her worry all the time.

I honestly regret what happened back then.

When I think of actually losing Granny, I get so scared it makes me tremble.

I don't want to think about it ever again.
Never again.

Aoba: ...Guh...!

I-I have to get to Granny quickly...!

Granny!

~

Tae: You people are just exaggerating things.

...That's the first thing I hear.

When I rush into Delivery Works, I see Granny leaning back in a chair.

After seeing that...
I almost collapse on the spot.

Granny had certainly fallen down.

It turns out she can't move at all... In other words, she dislocated her hip.

Apparently Yoshie-san who made the call had seen Granny in pain and was frightened to death.

As soon as I enter the shop, she apologizes earnestly with an "I'm sorryyyy".

Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed, but... I'm also glad it's nothing serious.

What a relief...

That said, Granny can't walk so I have to carry her home.

Tae: Really, you people are just exaggerating things.

Aoba: .....

Granny complains about the same thing as earlier while on my back.

I walk home slowly to avoid moving her too much.

Aoba: It can't be helped. Everyone's worried about you, Granny. I am too.

Tae: I'm still healthy enough.

Aoba: I know that, but still.

Behind us, Ren follows, tapping along with his small legs.

Tae: When I can't move a little you treat me like I'm going to die right away.

Aoba: Owowow. Don't kick me. Anyway, let's go to the hospital tomorrow? Okay?

Since Granny is quite rowdy for her age, I'm afraid I might drop her.

And...
She was light.

I never really thought too much about it, but was she always this small?

This is the first time I'd ever carried her on my back.

Aoba: Thinking back, you used to be the one to carry me around.

Tae: Hmm?

Aoba: I was just talking about the past.

Tae: ...Hmph. Because you always went off on your own.

Aoba: On my own?

Tae: Yes. I would look away for a moment, and before I knew it you'd be gone.

Aoba: Is that so? I can't remember at all.

Tae: I'd get lonely.

Aoba: Lonely? Why?

Tae: Because you only started to go off on your own once your parents were gone.

Aoba: Ah...

I see.

My memory of my parents is hazy.

But I do remember the times when Granny carried me on her back.

It was warm and smelled like her, I would always calm down.

Tae: Well, that was when you were small, so I won't blame you. But now you're all grown up and stupid.

Aoba: That's just how it is. At this age it's normal to act differently than you did as a kid.

Tae: Nobody said anything about that.

Aoba: Granny, could you carry me on your back like in the old days? A challenge, seeing as we're both healthy enough?

Tae: Don't spout nonsense. Are you trying to kill me?

Aoba: I'm just joking.

Tae: Hmph.

Aoba: ...Granny.

Tae: What is it?

Aoba: You're light.

Tae: Shut your hole!

Aoba: Ouch!

I'm slapped hard on the side of my head.

But for some reason I begin to feel happy and smile to myself.

I'm so relieved that Granny's safe.

When I think that someday this noisiness will be gone, I feel lonely.

I walk silently down the darkening road, feeling Granny's warmth on my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment