Thursday 19 March 2015

Dramatical Murder - Black Needle

Black Needle

Black Needle is a dark building with a small sign placed where it won't attract attention.

When the door is opened and we head inside, I'm greeted by a music playing at a nice tempo.

The bar that served as a waiting room was larger than one would imagine just from seeing the size of the shop.

In the dim lighting, several people sit sunken into a sofa, reading a magazine or talking in whispers.

Reception on the left side, bar counter on the right, and the door leads to the back room where tattoos were done.

Mizuki talks with a young part-timer at the reception desk. In the meantime, I look around at the state of the shop.

Aoba: Not as many customers today?

When I casually ask this to Mizuku after he finishes talking with the part timer, his expression turns bitter.

Mizuki: That's right...

Aoba: What's wrong?

Mizuki: No, you know. We talked about it yesterday, remember? The mysterious disappearances.

Aoba: Yeah.

Mizuki: I think the decrease in customers is also due to that.

Aoba: What? Like everyone's scared and stopped going outside?

Mizuki: I think the influence isn't quite that strong yet, but... Overall, it's growinh, or at least it feels like it.

Aoba: I see.

Mizuki: After that, we got some information again. But I can't tell the truth from the lies at all.

With a serious expression Mizuki urges me to lend an ear. I bring my face closer to him.

Mizuki: They're saying it really was Morphine abducting the teams.

Aoba: That's not possible. Morphine is...

Mizuki: There are apparently some guys who have seen Morphine.

Aoba: Isn't that some random remark of some idiot who wants attention? You believe that?

Mizuki: That's why I said I don't know if it's true or not. I only heard it from some people. Anyway, now all Rib teams are growing useasy with the fear of a surprise attack. But.

Mizuki then raises the edges of his mouth defiantly.

Mizuki: Morphine or whatever it is, it doesn't concern our team. They won't be a threat.

Aoba: Right?

While I return the smile, I remember a faint anxiety.

I feel like Mizuki's been putting a little too much effort into Rib recently.

I hope he doesn't collapse or anything...

Mizuki: Oh right, let's drink something. Let's go over there.

When I walk towards the bar with Mizuki, a tattoo design displayed by the reception desk catches my eyes. It's carefully put in a frame.

Aoba: Was this here before?

Mizuki: Oh, that. No, I got that from a tattooist I respect. Cool, isn't it? He's a famous person said to have God's skills but he doesn't have a shop. If he doesn't know you, he won't tattoo you.

Aoba: So he refuses strangers?

Mizuki: That's right. A little while ago he came to this shop by chance, and I got it then. He really was a person with an unusual aura after all.

Mizuki seems to be extremely happy.
He really likes that picture.

Aoba: If he's that amazing, I'd like to see him once, too.

Mizuki: But I thought you didn't want a tattoo, right?

Aoba: Yeah.

Mizuki: In that case, no way.

Aoba: Huuh?

Mizuki: If you want to know why, it'd cost you 1 million yen.

Aoba: Expensive! That's some serious overcharging.

Mizuki: Ahaha.

As we joke and laugh, the ringtone of my Coil sounds.

Aoba: ...Hm?

It was a call from Delivery Works.

Aoba: Hello?

Yoshie (phone): Ah, thank goodness it went through! Aoba-chan!?

Aoba: Yes?

Yoshie (phone): It's me, me! Yoshie!

Aoba: What's the matter?

Yoshie (phone): Oh my, it's serious! Very serious! Please listen to me and don't panic, okay?

Aoba: ...Okay.

Yoshie (phone): Tae-san has...!


Aoba: -! Granny!?

No comments:

Post a Comment