Thursday 19 March 2015

Joined in Love with You - Unexpected Visit

Unexpected Visit

Mai: Here we go... 38.3 degrees, huh...

The time is 3:30.

After managing to drink my medicine, I laid back on the bed...

And before I knew it, it was three o'clock already.

Then I thought I might as well try to take my temperature.

In the end, regret filled me. Why did I even have to do such a meaningless thing?

Now that I see the number 38, I felt as if my sickness had gotten worse.

Mai: Sigh...

As I hid back in the blanket once more, only the sound of the clock's ticking managed to reach my ears.

Mai: How quiet...

Mom and Dad are still working, and both of my little siblings are still at school too.

Sleeping all alone right here, of course it'll be quiet.

Rather than myself, I was more worried about Reo.

She barely had any friends at all.

What is she doing now, I wonder?

I'm sure she would bring her lunch box today.

She's probably eating alone, I guess.

How nice it would be if someone were to come up and talk to her.

Mai: Sigh...

It's only natural that I got worried.

Not being able to go to school, there's nothing I can do for her.

For the sake of being able to go to school tomorrow, I better rest now.

Mai: Good night... ...

Ah, but when she's having her lunch...

If someone went up and talked to her, it might turn into a quarrel.

And then she would say along the lines of, "I'm alright eating by myself, so don't talk to me."

Ahh, I can already imagine that scene right before my eyes.

If it's Reo, it's quite possible.

No, more like there's no doubt that it'll turn out like that.

Mai: Ugh... Ahh, I'm so worried I can't sleep! Oh man!

What the heck am I thinking of anyway?

There's nothing I can do to help her right now.

There's nothing I can do other than sleep right now.

Mai: Imma sleep!

Did someone come back...?

I'm sure they would have the key though...

Mai: Uwahhhh, who the hell is it~~!!

~

Mai: I'm coming! Ringing the doorbell once is enough!

After I unlocked the door, it sprung open in an instant.

Mai: Whoa.

Reo: Mai you idiootttt!!

Mai: R-Reo...

Reo: Why didn't you come to school today?!

Mai: B-Because I got a cold... I informed the school about it, too...

Reo: Who cares if you got a cold or cancer or a car accident? If I'm attending school then you must come to school too!

Mai: Don't be so unreasonable.

Reo: Without you with me, I... I...

Reo's body was trembling.

It seems like she's really mad.

But at the same time, she looks as if she's about to cry...

Mai: Make up your mind. Are you going to get angry or cry?

Reo: S-S-Shut up! I  can do what I want.

Mai: Well, I think I can go to school tomorrow.

Of course you are. How long do you intend to keep resting anyway?

Reo looked so fiery, it was as if she was going to strangle me.

Mai: Hahaha...

Reo: What are you going to do if I get in trouble? Without you around, I can't find my way to the chemistry lab or the music room. Because of that, I got lost today.

Mai: R-Reo...

It's been about one month already. At least remember stuff like that by yourself.

Reo: And I had no choice but to eat my lunch alone too.

Mai: Really?

Reo: Yeah. I accidentally said something different from what I actually felt to another classmate too.

Mai: Oh my...

Reo: It's all your fault for not coming to school! Mai you idiot! You better come tomorrow!

Mai: Mmm... Well, I'll try my best.

Reo: What's with that weak reply, huh? You better take care of me properly, you got that!?

Mai: Even if you say that, if my fever doesn't go down, I won't be able to go. If I can't make it tomorrow, you go have lunch together with the other classmates, okay?

Reo: ......... Idiot, idiot, idiot, Mai you big idiooot~~~!!

With all her might, she added emphasis at the final "idiot", turned around, and ran off outside.

Mai: Reo!

W-Why is scolding me with that much hatred anyway?

More importantly, what is she even here for in the first place?

Mai: Sigh... Still, after meeting Reo, I feel slightly better already.

Just when I turned around to head back to my own room, I heard a rustling sound coming from beside my foot.

Hmm?

Reo had carelessly left a plastic bag on the spot where she was standing awhile ago.

Mai: Oh dear, she'd forgotten her stuff again...

Once I looked inside the bag, I saw that it was filled with cold medicines and health drinks.

Lifting the whole plastic bag altogether felt rather heavy, too.

Mai: Did she... buy all these for me? Ah... Hehe, oh you, Reo.

There's still droplets on the surface f the icy health drink can.

I placed the can on my cheek.

Mai: This feels good... Thank you so much, Reo~

For some reason, a grin surfaced upon my face.

My chest felt all warm and fuzzy inside.

If she's worried about me she can just say so. Seriously, she's never honest at all.

Still, there's no way I can hate that part of her.

Since it's so cute after all.

Mai: Ufufu~

I have to make sure I go to school tomorrow, for Reo's sake.


I better go to sleep quickly after drinking the cold medicine and health drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment