Wednesday 18 March 2015

Da Capo II - Lunch at School

Lunch at School

Yoshiyuki: Man, it's as crowded as ever.

Wataru: We, the students, are placed at the very bottom of the economic hierarchy after all. It's only natural we gather at the cafeteria where food is cheap, quick, and terrible!

Yoshiyuki: That's so sad.

Wataru: Ah, I want to eat a thick and juicy slab of meat instead of a poorly cut, thinly sliced piece for a change!

Yoshiyuki: Then why don't you get a part-time job?

Wataru: A student's job is to study.

Yoshiyuki: It doesn't sound convincing coming from you.

Wataru: Shut up. By the way, what are you going to eat today?

Yoshiyuki: I'm going to have a bowl of plain udon.

Wataru: Wow. The cheapest item in the cafeteria? How pitiful.

Yoshiyuki: What are you going to have?

Wataru: A bowl of soup with udon.

Yoshiyuki: .........

Wataru: Okay, I'm going to get two bowls of plain udon. Why don't you go find a table?

Yoshiyuki: Got it.

We each took a role in this play.

Our lunch break is short. We have to be efficient.

Yoshiyuki: Let's see.

I looked around the cafeteria.

It was really crowded.

I didn't see any empty seats when I looked.

Where can I find two empty seats?

Yoshiyuki: Oh, there's a couple.

I saw some seats and walked towards them.

Then...

Yume: Ah, Nii-san.

Yume looked up from the next seat.

Yume: What a coincidence to run into you at a place like this.

She talked to me as she tilted her head with her back straight.

What a perfect smile.

Yume: Is something wrong?

She talked in such a polite manner.

It was almost spooky to see Yume act so politely since I was used to seeing her being so lazy at home.

She really was a top notch actress.

Yume: ...?

Yume looked at me from the perfect angle.

Yoshiyuki: Can we share this table?

Yume: Sure, go right ahead.

I tried to sit down.

Yoshiyuki: What the-!

I looked at the face of the girl who was sitting across from Yume.

Minatsu: Tsk!

The girl clicked her tongue.

Yume: Oh? Do you two happen to know each other?

Yoshiyuki: Well, not really, but we've met once before. I don't even know her name.

Yume: I see. This is Amakase Minatsu-san. She's a new transfer student in our class.

Minatsu: .........

Yume: This is Sakurai Yoshiyuki. He's a senior, and he's like my older brother.

Minatsu: .........

Amakase kept ignoring me.

Yume: Ah, ahahaha...

Yume: (What did you do to Amakase-san?)

She asked me quietly.

Yoshiyuki: (Nothing, really.)

Yume: (Then why is Amakase-san in such a bad mood?)

Yoshiyuki: (I have no comment regarding that matter.)

Yume: (.........)

She glared at me.

Even if she looked at me that way, Mizukoshi-sensei told me not to say anything.

Even if Mizukoshi-sensei didn't stop me, I wouldn't know how to explain anyway.

She's actually a robot, and she was sleeping in a cave, but I accidentally activated her...

That's absurd.

Who would believe a story like that?

I thought I'd never see her again.

I felt my cheek aching from where she punched me.

I glanced at Amakase, but she acted as if I didn't exist and continued to eat her lunch.

Hmmm, this is uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment